Monday, June 9, 2008

Seven Whole Years

Today Bill and I have been married for seven years. Of course, I just realized this yesterday. Our anniversary just kind of sneaked up on me this year. (Bill too, so at least I'm not alone on the whole forgetting our anniversary.)

Who would have thought all of those years ago that we would have even gotten married? We've been together for nine, almost ten, years. When we met, he called me a lightning rod because of my piercings. I called him "normal" because he wore khakis and polo shirts. Today, he is still the sensible one of us. He is the stable to my unstable and the calm to my chaos. We may have our disagreements, but he is always by my side.

Each year I'm amazed that he's decided to stick with my crazy ways and I am grateful. Here's to many, many, many more years.

No comments: